The Joint Venture Program (JVP) has a process to identify an appropriate business to participate in the JVP. Of foremost importance is that no existing California job is impacted by the program. One of the following criteria must be present before a company is considered:
- The business is planning an expansion;
- The business is facing a deficient labor pool;
- The business is starting a new enterprise;
- The business is repatriating an offshore operation; or
- The business is relocating to California from another state.
Potential partners may be any public entity, non-profit or for-profit entity, organization or business with the purpose of employing incarcerated individual labor.